Welcome to Teleo University. We are a global online educational institution committed to equipping pastors and church leaders with world-class practical ministry training without leaving their churches and networks of ministry relationships. Teleo University partners with our parent organization, T-Net International, to offer online education to the thousands of pastors and church leaders participating in training centers in 40 countries in Africa, Asia, and the Americas.
Teleo is a Koine Greek word that means to finish, or complete, or fulfill a command. In the New Testament, the Apostle Paul used Teleo in 2 Timothy 4:7, “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race.” Again, in John 19:30 as Jesus died on the cross for our salvation, He said, “It is finished.” Teleo captures our passion for finishing the Great Commission by being and making disciples of all nations.
Our Mission is to provide affordable, accessible, accredited education to pastors and ministry leaders who are seeking to finish the Great Commission through multiplying disciple makers and initiating saturation church planting.
Our Distinctives – Online Training for On-the-Job Pastors and Church Leaders
Teleo University plays a unique role in providing education for pastors. Teleo University’s focus is on Finishing the Great Commission of Jesus (Matthew 28:19-20) in each nation of the world by empowering indigenous pastors and church leaders, many of whom will never have the opportunity to attend a Seminary or Bible School. Teleo University is not in competition with Bible Colleges that prepare students to enter the ministry. Teleo only seeks students who are currently pastors, church planters, or key church leaders. The average age of our non-traditional students is between 30 to 50 years old, but we have those who are younger and many who are older. These Christian leaders do not need to leave their ministries and families to attend classes. Instead, students are required to remain in their local church ministry to implement what they learn in this unique online educational program.
T-Net School of Ministry (Online Program)
- Diploma of Pastoral Ministry (DPM)
Teleo School of Theology (Online Undergraduate Programs)
- Bachelor of Pastoral Ministry (BPM)
Teleo Graduate School of Ministry (Online Master Degree Program)
- Master of Arts in Pastoral Ministry (MAPM)
Our Institutional Goals
Students completing a degree from Teleo University will
- Demonstrate biblical leadership and ministry competence, modeled by administration and faculty, for the ongoing revitalization and expansion of Christ’s Church.
- Reflect an understanding of the use of learning resources for lifelong learning.
- Experience student development preparing them spiritually, physically, intellectually, emotionally, and socially for their life in ministry.
- Employ learned technics to build programs to train Christians to become trainers and equippers to further the Great Commission.
- Apply principles of ongoing improvement of personal and professional effectiveness modeled by the University’s leadership and programs.
Teleo University’s core values define the character of the institution. Through our commitment to these values, we preserve that which has made Teleo University effective in accomplishing our unique mission:
Applied Learning: Requiring students to have an on-the-job training context so that pastors and church leaders apply their knowledge in real-life ministry.
- Excellence in Training: Providing training that is uniquely practical, useful, and of the highest quality possible.
- Revitalizing Churches Training church leaders how to effectively make changes in local churches resulting in measurable life change in individual church members.
- Sequential Disciple Making: Training church leaders to use a biblical phased definition of a disciple that includes “All” the beliefs, values, behaviors that Jesus commanded.
- Trainer Practitioners: Utilizing instructors who are experienced pastors that have implemented the principles of disciple making that they teach.
- Train to Finish: Training pastors not just to work at it, but to “finish” the Great Commission in their specific neighborhood, city, region or country.
- Transferability: Providing training that is transferable and multiplied from leader to leader and from church to church.
Whole-Church Disciple Making: Training pastors and church leaders to use every ministry in their church to work together to produce the disciple Jesus intended.
Our Graduation and Placement Outcomes
Students admitted to Teleo University are chosen based on spirituality, ministry zeal, academic ability, and their current role as a pastor, Bishop, church planter, or church leader.
Graduation Rates: The Teleo University overall graduation rate for 150 percent of normal time for degree completion at is 86%.
Graduate Placement Rates: Because Teleo University is an educational institution for those who are already in vocational or bi-vocational pastoral ministry or significant church leadership, our placement rates are virtually 100%.
Download the Teleo University 2019-20 catalog for more information.
Our Contact Information
Teleo University is a proud participant in PROJECT ZERO because the mandate of “all nations” or “all ethnos” ends at ZERO. Join us in seeking to finish the Great Commission.
led by T-Net International