Teleo is a Koine Greek word that means to finish, or complete, or fulfill a command. In the New Testament, the Apostle Paul used Teleo in 2 Timothy 4:7, “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race.” Again, in John 19:30, as Jesus died on the cross for our salvation, He said, “It is finished.” Teleo captures our passion for finishing the Great Commission by being and making disciples of all nations.
On-the-Job Education for Pastors and Church Leaders
T-Net International plays a unique role in providing education for pastors. T-Net International’s focus is on Finishing the Great Commission of Jesus (Matthew 28:19-20) in each nation of the world by empowering indigenous pastors and church leaders, many of whom will never have the opportunity to attend a Seminary or Bible School. T-Net International is not in competition with Bible Colleges that prepare students to enter the ministry. T-Net only seeks students who are currently pastors, church planters, or key church leaders. The average age of our non-traditional students is between 30 to 50 years old, but we have those who are younger and many who are older. These Christian leaders do not need to leave their ministries and families to attend classes. T-Net has no resident campus. Instead, students are required to remain in their local church ministry to implement what they learn in this unique distance education program.
T-Net’s Educational Mission is to provide affordable, accessible, recognized, and respected education to pastors and ministry leaders who are seeking to finish the Great Commission through multiplying disciple makers and initiating saturation church planting.
Students completing a degree through T-Net International will
- Demonstrate biblical leadership and ministry competence, modeled by administration and faculty, for the ongoing revitalization and expansion of Christ’s Church.
- Reflect an understanding of the use of learning resources for lifelong learning.
- Experience student development preparing them spiritually, physically, intellectually, emotionally, and socially for their life in ministry.
- Employ learned technics to build programs to train Christians to become trainers and equippers to further the Great Commission.
- Apply principles of ongoing improvement of personal and professional effectiveness modeled by T-Net’s leadership and programs.
T-Net International’s core values define the character of the institution. Through our commitment to these values, we preserve that which has made T-Net effective in accomplishing our unique educational mission:
- Applied Learning: Requiring students to have an on-the-job training context so that pastors and church leaders apply their knowledge in real-life ministry.
- Excellence in Training: Providing training that is uniquely practical, useful, and of the highest quality possible.
- Revitalizing Churches: Training church leaders how to effectively make changes in local churches resulting in measurable life change in individual church members.
- Sequential Disciple Making: Training church leaders to use a biblical phased definition of a disciple that includes “All” the beliefs, values, behaviors that Jesus commanded.
- Trainer Practitioners: Utilizing instructors who are experienced pastors that have implemented the principles of disciple making that they teach.
- Train to Finish: Training pastors not just to work at it, but to “finish” the Great Commission in their specific neighborhood, city, region, or country.
- Transferability: Providing training that is transferable and multiplied from leader to leader and from church to church.
- Whole-Church Disciple Making: Training pastors and church leaders to use every ministry in their church to work together to produce the disciple Jesus intended.
T-Net International students can earn the following recognized degrees for completing our distance education studies.
- Diploma of Pastoral Ministry (DPM)
- Bachelor of Pastoral Ministry (BPM)
- Master of Arts in Pastoral Ministry (MAPM)
T-Net International offers two pathways for students to earn recognized degrees.
T-Net International School of Theology (TISOT)
TISOT provides distance education studies that allow pastors and church leaders to earn a degree without having to leave their ministry and network of relationships. TISOT accommodates students in over 17 different languages. T-Net International seeks authorization for TISOT in each country where T-Net International serves. Download the 2019-20 catalog for more information at www.tnetisot.org.
Teleo University (online education)
Teleo University is an online institution of higher education that offers degrees for English speaking T-Net students in Minnesota and select nations. Download the 2019-20 catalog for more information at www.teleouniversity.org.
Contact Teleo University
TISOT and Teleo University are proud participants in PROJECT ZERO because the mandate of “all nations” or “all ethnos” ends at ZERO. Join us in seeking to finish the Great Commission.
led by T-Net International